Monday, July 14, 2008

One more pound!...and some sideaches

I missed the update yesterday, but am posting the information right now.
One more pound has been shed off the blob that I have called a body for the last couple years. That brings me down to a 225 pound mark that I am pretty proud of.

One thing that has been driving me insane is the constant appearance of side aches while I am running. I have tried everything from not drinking soda to regulating my breathing while I am out running. If anybody has any idea on what might stop or slow down the appearance of side aches, I would love to hear them.

Please let me know if you can help me out with the side ache problem.

Other than the constant pain in my sides while running, I have really been enjoying my running experience. Running on the treadmill is about the worst thing ever, never have I been more bored while running, I am also taking suggestions for how to improve my treadmill experience.

I look forward to the suggestions and advice from everyone. Thanks.

WEEKLY UPDATE, July 14, 2008

WEIGHT: 225- Lost one more pound this week, I think I had a big smile on my face when I stepped on the scale at the gym... and thanks to the removal of my chapstick from my pocket, the weight was lost.

FOOD EATEN: I was doing awesome until yesterday. We had a barbecue for Annie's dad's birthday and I let myself go a little bit. There was a fantastic cake that I dove into like a homeless man. There were peanut butter bars that were enough to make Mary Kate Olsen breakdown and eat. There were hamburgers that looked so good off the grill that I couldn't help but enjoy one.

EXERCISES DONE: Lots of running... I will be starting a new running schedule... I will be running shorter distances on Monday-Friday of the weeks and then on Saturday I will be embarking on a much longer run, in preparation, hopefully, for a half marathon in January. who knows though, I could crap out by then.

Thanks everyone and wish me luck.

4 comments:

Drew said...

Put a TV in front of the treadmill or definitely listen to some music. That usually helps. Or, get a book on tape, I hear the Appeal by John Grisham is pretty good.

Mama K said...

You can do it!!!!!

Karissa Kay said...

I would say either watch a movie while you're on the treadmill or start running outside. For the side aches, you might want to consider moving out to DC with us. There is more oxygen out here so therefore, it will be easier for you to breathe. I think this is what is necessary for your success.

Whitney said...

I hear that running in the nude helps with sideaches. You'll have to give it a try.